SLICE TIMING

Hi Rest experts! I have a question about the preprocessing steps for the FC map.

With a TR=2s the slice timing correction is ​​really necessary?

Thanks!

Federico

I personally don't think it is necessary. I am afraid no study has proved. However, almost everybody does so.

Hi,

Actually, there is a study indicates slice timing has minimal effect on resting-state FC, ALFF/fALFF.

Wu, C.W., Chen, C.L., Liu, P.Y., Chao, Y.P., Biswal, B.B., Lin, C.P., 2011. Empirical evaluations of slice-timing, smoothing, and normalization effects in seed-based, resting-state functional magnetic resonance imaging analyses. Brain Connect 1, 401-410.

For task related data, that might matter. "Depending on repetition time and paradigm design, slice-timing effects can significantly impair fMRI results and slice-timing correction methods can successfully compensate for these effects and therefore increase the robustness of the data analysis."

Sladky, R., Friston, K.J., Trostl, J., Cunnington, R., Moser, E., Windischberger, C., 2011. Slice-timing effects and their correction in functional MRI. Neuroimage 58, 588-594.

Error | Forum of resting-state fMRI

Error

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.