functional connectivity maps

Dear all,

I am new to DPARSF and I have a question concerning the z transformed functional connectivity maps. I am a bit surprised at the results because the z values of my maps are pretty low (most are between -0.6 and 1). I did not globally regress my images and I expect at least a few voxels to have values of 3 or 4. Anyone has any ideas as to why that is happening?

I appreciate your help

Thank you
Helen

AttachmentSize
Image icon zFCmap.png89.08 KB

Thank you for your reply.
My seed is a region in the ventromedial PFC. I will attach the zFC maps for one of the subjects. The threshold I used to view this image is z=0.5 because anything above that would remove all activation.

Thank you
Helen

(I have uploaded the file to the server, please do let me know if you have received it. Thanks)

i m sorry that i cannot find your attachment. 
and i do agree with Dr. Zang's comment that the z transformed FC map is largely depended on the seed region location.

i checked my zFC map when i put seed region in PCC, one of the key regions in default mode network, and found for individual map, the z value is not as big as you thought. Even in PCC areas which is near by the seed region, the z value is less than 1.9.

I have attached the zmap to this post. It represents functional connectivity between a cluster in the ventromedial PFC and all other voxels. The z values do appear small, even less than 1. Is the output thresholded?

Thank you
Helen