Different t-values found for comparison done in Rest vs SPM

Hello,

I recently generated some correlation maps.  I then performed the Fisher Z transform on those maps.  I fed those z-maps into the Rest Statistical Analysis tool to perform t-tests to look for differences between the groups.

I also happened to input those z-maps into a 2nd level SPM analysis and did a t-test between the groups in that program. 

I compared the t-value maps generated by those two programs (I compared the T.nii file created by REST and the spmT_0001.hdr file created by SPM), and I found there were differences between the t-maps.  The differences were fairly small.  The mean difference is

Hi,

1. The output of REST is consistent with SPSS. The subttle difference between REST and SPM may caused by the data precision? I am not totally sure.

2. I don't understand cluster-based FDR (you may find it in SPM), I do understand cluster-based Gaussian Random Field Theory Correction. If you mean the latter, you can find a module in REST.

Best,

Chao-Gan

Hi,

1. The output of REST is consistent with SPSS. The subttle difference between REST and SPM may caused by the data precision? I am not totally sure.

2. I don't understand cluster-based FDR (you may find it in SPM), I do understand cluster-based Gaussian Random Field Theory Correction. If you mean the latter, you can find a module in REST.

Best,

Chao-Gan