DPARSF support now is hosted at The R-fMRI Network (rfmri.org)

Dear DPARSF users,

Triggered by a one-week shutting down of restfmri.net due to web hosting service problems, I initiated The R-fMRI Network - a network for supporting resting-state fMRI related studies, available at rfmri.org. The R-fMRI Network (RFMRI.ORG) is trying to reform the centralized discussion (several main nodes answer most of the questions) to distributed discussion (all the researchers communicate and exchange the experiences).

The R-fMRI researchers (as nodes) are connected with sharings (as edges) in the R-fMRI Network. Through the network, we can share our ideas, comments, resources, tools, experiences, data, and that brain. The researchers (nodes) with either basic neuroscience, methodological, clinical backgrounds can connect with each other in the network. The R-fMRI Network will facilitate efficient exchange of ideas, tools, resources, experiences and data among the nodes. We wish the R-fMRI Network help to enhance the collaborations among the researchers, especially translate our knowledge in basic neuroscience and methodology to clinical applications (bench to bedside).

As for more general audience, I invited other R-fMRI software developers (in step-wise) to see if they would like their tools being listed, and discussion to be supported at the networking forums. More importantly, increasing R-fMRI researchers agreed to join in the network as consulting nodes, with a 3-posts commitment (either reply/raise topics/blog 3 times per month). In the future, you may find your questions to be answered by some senior researchers (maybe big names :) ) in the field.

Please note, all the DPARSF support will be transferred to the new website: rfmri.org/DPARSFDiscussion. For REST related topics, you may post either rfmri.org or restfmri.net. Of note, if the questions are directly addressed to me, probably rfmri.org will be better because I visit there more frequently.

Let's together to improve the R-fMRI research process! Hope you enjoy the new way!

Best,

Chao-Gan YAN, Ph.D.

Initiating + service node of The R-fMRI Network (rfmri.org)