Combining runs in DPARSFA?

Dear experts,

1. When conducting a FC analysis in DPARSFA, it seems I cannot specify two runs per person. Is this correct or is there a way to do an FC analysis using both runs in DPARSFA?
  2. If I cannot specify two runs and instead compute separate zFC maps for every subject's two runs, can you please tell me how to best use the two runs in the analysis? For example, should I concatenate the runs or should I average the zFC maps?
  3. Is averaging of two zFC maps as simple as using SPM ImCal, load the two files (i.e. one zFC map per run, per person) and then use the expression '(i1+i2)/2' to get an average? Or does this not deal with the information contained in the zFC images correctly?

Thank you very much!
Kind regards, Mamtis

1. What's your purpose of doning FC analysis for two runs? In DPARSFA you have to do it seperately. 
 2. If you concatentate the runs, its doable, but rare in the literatures. So I suggest you do seperately and then average.
 3. Yes you re correct. But I think you should average the r-map rather than z-map, and then z-transform the averaged r-map to get the z map.

Dear experts,

Thank you very much for your advice. I have averaged the two runs and am taking the resulting images onto 2nd (group) level analysis.

Kind regards, Mamtis