fALFF Processing times and normal fALFF values

Hello

I just started using your program and just have a few questions about how it works. I am primarily using the fALFF analysis from your toolbox and I was wondering what the average processing times were for the fALFF calculation? My fMRI data has roughly 64x64x30 pixels and the average processing time for fALFF on my computer is 5.15 sec.  My collegue thinks that's a little fast to be perform a fast fourier transform, square root the power spectrum, isolate the energy of the low frequency band and divide it by the total energy, but he also isn't aware of how fast your algorithm is... does 5.15 seconds sound feasible or should it take longer? or have I made a mistake somewhere along the way?

Also I was wondering what the maximum fALFF values were for healthy control subjects. The maximum fALFF value that I am getting is around 0.42 are these normal numbers to be calculating. Or is this too low? Again, have I made a mistake somewhere along the way?

Thank you very much for your help,
Aaron

I think 5s sounds OK.

The absolute value of fALFF is not meaningful. The relative value is usually used. For example, we can do a one-sample t-test to see where in the brain shows significantly higher fALFF than the mean fALFF of the whole brain. Sure, we can also test where is significantly lower.