Slice timing error: Improper assignment with rectangular empty matrix.

I am trying to use DPARSFA to preprocess some .nii.gz files. I think for some reason the program is not detecting the time points correctly. If I leave the files as .nii.gz, the slice timing module will begin, and then give me this error (please continue reading after pasted content):

SPM8: spm_slice_timing (v4310)                     11:57:48 - 26/08/2014
========================================================================
Your TR is 0.4
Failed  'Slice Timing'
Improper assignment with rectangular empty matrix.
In file "/space/raid/fmri/spm8/spm_slice_timing.m" (v4310), function "spm_slice_timing" at line 232.
In file "/space/raid/fmri/spm8/config/spm_run_st.m" (v2312), function "spm_run_st" at line 25.

The following modules did not run:
Failed: Slice Timing

Error using cfg_util (line 835)
Job execution failed. The full log of this run can be found in MATLAB
command window, starting with the lines (look for the line showing the
exact #job as displayed in this error message)
------------------
Running job #1
------------------
Error in spm_jobman (line 217)
Error in DPARSFA_run>(parfor body) (line 686)
Error in DPARSFA_run (line 581)
Error in DPARSFA>pushbuttonRun_Callback (line 1601)
Error in gui_mainfcn (line 96)
Error in DPARSFA (line 33)
Caused by:
    Error using cfg_util (line 835)
    Job execution failed. The full log of this run can be found in
    MATLAB command window, starting with the lines (look for the line
    showing the exact #job as displayed in this error message)
    ------------------
    Running job #1
    ------------------
Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw in another post that this may mean that the number of timepoints is entered incorrectly, but I am quite certain that I have put the correct values.

If I unzip the .nii.gz files and enter them as .nii files, the DPARSFA tells me that only 2 timepoints have been detecte (there should be 152).

So it seems there is a problem with correctly detecting the number of time points. What should I do?

Thanks, I am glad you picked that up. The TR is actually 2.0, but for some reason, when I entered it in as 2.0, it was detecting 0.4 instead. I am not sure what was happening.

I found that the program will run if I leave the number of timepoints empty and allow it to detect them automatically.