DPARSFA 2.1

Dear REST authors

Thanks for providing a very useful software, DPARSF 2.1.
When I choose the working directory (e.g., D:\FC_analysis) that contains T1Raw and FunRaw subdirectories in the right format, the DPARSFA 2.1 cannot recognize participants automatically. However, DPARSF 2.1 does this. I've tried it using Win & Mac OS, and the results are the same (DPARSF is working but DPARSFA is not working).
How can I fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Kim

Have you set the correct parameters in DPARSFA 2.1?

Set the last field "Starting Directory Name" as "FunRaw" and then "ENTER", you will get the participants.

Dear Dr. YAN Chao-Gan

I've got it!!
Thank you so much.

Another query here.
I can see the VBM(New Segment and DARTEL) in the drop-down menu of Template parameters.
Aside from the FC analysis, can I directly perform VBM analysis of grey matter between groups of subjects by using the output of above-mentioned VBM peprocessing of T1 images?
Is this process same as original DARTEL witten by Dr. Ashburner?

Sorry for bothering you again.
Thanks in advance.

Kim

Hi!

If you want, you can do VBM (New Segment and DARTEL) separately.

However, if you performed FC analysis with normalization by DARTEL, then you have the VBM results already.

The steps are the same as SPM8 manual:

2. Normalize by DARTEL has been added. Details: (1) "T1 Coreg to Fun": the individual structural T1 image is coregistered to the mean functional image after motion correction. (2) "New Segment + DARTEL": New Segment -- The transformed structural image is then segmented into gray matter, white matter and cerebrospinal fluid by using "New Segment" in SPM8. (3) "New Segment + DARTEL": DARTEL -- Create Template, and DARTEL -- Normalize to MNI space (Many Subjects) for GM, WM, CSF and T1 Images (unmodulated, modulated and smoothed [8 8 8] kernel versions). (4) "Normalize by DARTEL": DARTEL Normalize to MNI space (Few Subjects) for functional images. (5) "Smooth by DARTEL": DARTEL Normalize to MNI space (Few Subjects) for functinal images but with smooth kernel as specified, the smoothing is part of the normalisation to MNI space computes these average intensities from the original data, rather than the warped versions.

Or click the checkbox "New Segment + DARTEL" for tips.

Best!